Chicken Starter Kit
Our very popular start-up kit is designed to give you everything you need to keep happy and healthy hens. These kits are made up of only the highest quality products that we have sourced from suppliers we trust. We have bundled together all the things you need to get started, at wholesale prices, making each item cheaper than what you would pay in store, saving you both time and money.
What is included:
- 12L HEMP bedding material
- 60L heavy duty plastic feed drum with screw lid (keeps your chicken feed dry, fresh and safe from vermin)
- 5kg premium Lay Mash (this will be the chickens primary source of nutrients- the better the quality, the nicer the eggs)
- 3kg automatic chicken feeder (most popular design)
- 3L automatic chicken drinker (reliable)
- 5kg Bag of shell grit (to ensure the shell of the egg is nice and hard)
- 5kg Bag of cracked corn (your hens will love you for it, and it makes the yolk of the egg bright and tasty)
- Scoop (a must have)
- A bag of Mealworm Treats that your girls will love!
- Egg-cellent full colour book “Guide to Feeding Your Feathered Flock” full of tips and tricks for feeding your flock the nutrients they need to stay happy and healthy.
What you need to know
Ready to get cluckin'?
Keeping chickens can be a nerve racking experience, especially if you’ve never done it before – but it really is quite easy, so long as you have all the equipment, know what to expect and aren’t afraid to get up close and personal with these delightful feathered friends.
Download your FREE eBook – The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Keeping Chickens
Our Chicken Help Guarantee
Need a friend who is a chicken genius? At Backyard Chicken Coops we wrangle poultry matters with both hands. Do you have a girl who has gone a little gloomy? Are the foundations of the pecking order beginning to crumble? Or do you simply need to know the difference between chicken crumble and pellets? Don’t let your burning chicken questions char on one side. Turn to us and we will be there to have a cluck about the best chook solutions for you. It's our after-sales guarantee to you.
Nothing is too good for your girls! Treat your chickens right with these Optional Extras, specifically designed to suit our coops!
Chook Feed Drum
60L heavy duty plastic drum with secure screw-on lid Keep your chicken feed dry, fresh and safe from pesky pests! Great for storing feed, hemp bedding or chicken treats! Secure screw-on lid and moisture seal insert Also sold as…
Auto Door Opener
Our battery operated Automatic Door Opener gives you the ability to set the open and close times you want! With a 2 year warranty, our door will save you from getting out of bed at 6am on a Saturday to let your hens out; or more importantly if you are away, peace of mind that your hens will always be safe and happy. It’s not until you have one that you wonder how you ever managed without it!…
Chicken Starter Kit
This is the perfect kit if you are first time chicken owners. We have scoured everything at wholesale prices, making it extremely cost effective for you compared to buying everything individually. It includes a 60L heavy duty air tight plastic drum, premium lay mash, auto feeder, auto drinker, shell grit, cracked corn, scoops, straw and a book on How to Keep Pet Chickens which is great for kids…
Free-range Chicken Feeder
Stop feeding birds and pests! Feed only your chooks with our treadle chicken feeder. Save money: Reduce food wastage by up to 75%. Keeps food dry Prevent Pests: Save valuable feed from rats, mice and birds Convenient: Holds 5kg…
Available in 24m and 48m Lengths Also available in Electric Fencing Height 150 cm Includes: 12 x sturdy poles with steel spikes – easy install! Includes: 32 x pegs to secure it down to the ground Includes: 1…
Poultry Electric Fencing
Free range time is important for keeping happy and healthy hens, but the threat of predators stops some chook keepers from letting their girls get out and about. Our electric poultry fencing is the perfect solution. This kit includes everything…
Did you know?
- Free-range hens lay eggs with; 2 times the omega 3’s
- 4-6 times more vitamin D
- 3 times the vitamin E
- 7 times more beta carotene 2/3 more vitamin A
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat PLUS they’re guaranteed to taste better!.