Follower Upload Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. Â THESE TERMS ARE A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND BACKYARD CHICKEN COOPS (â€œWE,â€_x009d_ â€œOURâ€_x009d_ OR â€œUSâ€_x009d_). BY UPLOADING YOUR CONTENT YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL OF THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT (DEFINED BELOW). Â IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CONTENT. Â IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING:
You will retain all ownership of the Content (subject to the license granted herein). Any Licensee shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use your username, and, if provided in connection with the Content, real name, image, likeness, caption, location information or other identifying information, in connection with any permitted use of the Content.
By approving the use of the Content, you waive (i) any right to review, inspect or approve the use of the Content in any format or media, whether that use is known to you or not; and (ii) any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the Content.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES TO BACKYARD CHICKEN COOPS
You agree to abide by common standards of decency and act in accordance with the law. You may not upload, post or otherwise generate or make available to us any material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining whether any material is protected by any such right is on you. Â You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, violation of contract, privacy or publicity rights or any other harm resulting from any Content that you provide.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least 18 years old or the age of majority, whichever is older, in your state and/or country of residence; (ii) you have full right and authority to enter into this agreement; (iii) neither your Content, nor the use of the Content as permitted in these Terms, will infringe upon, misappropriate or violate any laws or the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, statutory, contractual, personal or other rights of any person or entity; (iv) neither you nor any person appearing in the Content is an employee, consultant, brand ambassador, or is otherwise materially related to Backyard Chicken Coops; (v) Backyard Chicken Coops has not compensated you for the Content; and (vi) you own or have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to grant the rights granted herein, including without limitation, all rights or permissions from the creators of the Content or with respect to any individual(s) appearing in the Content (or such individual(s) parent or legal guardian, if any such individual is under 18 years of age or the age of majority in his or her state and/or country of residence), and no payment of any kind is due to any third party for the use of the Content as set forth herein.
You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content that you provide.
You agree to indemnify and hold Backyard Chicken Coops and any other Licensee and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees and costs of defense) Backyard Chicken Coops or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand relating to or arising out of the Content or your violation or misappropriation of any applicable law, regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
The Australian Copyright Council provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under Australian copyright law. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on a Backyard Chicken Coops website, please provide Backyard Chicken Coopsâ€™ designated agent the following information:
- YOU ARE GRANTING BACKYARD CHICKEN COOPS, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS (AS DEFINED BELOW) THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR CONTENT (DEFINED BELOW) ON THEIR WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS AND RETAILER WEBSITES, AS WELL AS IN OTHER FORMS, MEDIUMS AND/OR DISTRIBUTION METHODS AS DESCRIBED BELOW, INDEFINITELY;
- YOU CREATED THE CONTENT OR HAVE PERMISSION FROM THE CREATOR OF THE CONTENT TO GRANT THE RIGHT TO USE THE CONTENT;
- YOU HAVE ALL NECESSARY RIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS TO GRANT THE RIGHT TO USE THE CONTENT WITH RESPECT TO ALL INDIVIDUALS APPEARING IN THE CONTENT;
- YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE, CONSULTANT, BRAND AMBASSADOR, OR OTHERWISE MATERIALLY RELATED TO BACKYARD CHICKEN COOPS, AND BACKYARD CHICKEN COOPS HAS NOT COMPENSATED YOU FOR YOUR CONTENT;
- YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, IN YOUR STATE AND/OR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.
Backyard Chicken Coopsâ€™ agent for notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on the Sites can be reached as follows:
Attention: Content Manager
PO Box 2775
New Farm QLD
These Terms and any related claim or dispute, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, shall be governed by the laws in effect in Australia, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles. You hereby irrevocably consent and agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Australia. In the event that any provision of these Terms shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such provision shall be revised solely to the extent necessary to render such provision valid, legal and enforceable, and without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions hereof. Nothing contained herein shall deem or construe you and Backyard Chicken Coops to be partners, joint venturers, principal-agent or employer-employee, and no party shall have any authority to obligate or bind the other whatsoever. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Backyard Chicken Coops with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, understandings, inducements or conditions, express or implied, oral or written. No modifications, amendments or waivers will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and Backyard Chicken Coops.
If you have any questions about these Terms, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 2775, New Farm QLD 4005, Attention: Content Manager.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Backyard Chicken Coops to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Backyard Chicken Coops to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.