Poultry Electric Fencing
Free range time is important for keeping happy and healthy hens, but the threat of predators stops some chook keepers from letting their girls get out and about. Our electric poultry fencing is the perfect solution. This kit includes everything you need to deter predators like foxes from disturbing your free range chickens. No chickens? No worries! Our electric fencing is suitable for goats, pigs and sheep and livestock management on your property.
- Lengths available: 25m or 50m of electric poultry fencing
- Modular – multiple lengths can be joined together
- Energiser works with up to 2km of fencing
- Sturdy poles – 12 poles for 25m or 24 poles for 50m electric poultry fencing
- Colour: Dark Green
- Height: 1.1m
- Suitable for chickens, poultry, goats, pigs and sheep
- Energizer: Premium Dakenag Solar Energizer
- Easy setup – guide included
- Ongoing support pre and post purchase of your electric poultry fencing – got a question? Give us a call!
- Can be connected to existing standard tape or strand fences allowing you to operate both off a single power source.
POULTRY ELECTRIC FENCING
- Stainless steel tipped posts for superior ground penetration.
- Child safety poles – 12 poles for 25m or 24 poles for 50m electric poultry fencing.
- Repair kit included.
- Extra strong braided nylon rope material.
- Please Note: ’25m Fence Only’ option does not contain energizer, it is the Electric Fence Only. Please select ’25m Kit with Energizer’ to include the energizer.
POULTRY ELECTRIC FENCING ENERGIZER
- Australian designed and built solar energizer perfect for our poultry fencing.
- Powers up to 2km of fencing.
- Internal 6V battery.
- 0.2J stored energy.
- High quality solar panel with built-in solar regulator.
- Integrated power – no external battery required.
- Tough design to withstand the Australian elements.
- Moisture and pest resistant.
- Solar panel mounting bracket included.
ELECTRIC FENCING FOR GOATS, SHEEP OR PIGS
- Suitable for keeping goats, sheep or pigs enclosed
- Ideal for separating buck goats, rams or boars
- Strip graze pastures, plots or orchards with temporary electric fencing enclosures
- Create small pastures for injured or ill goats, pigs or sheep
- Create safe space for nanny goats, sows or ewes and their lambs, piglets or kids
- Create secure paths for moving animals from one pasture to another
- Protect outdoor feed supplies and stocks
ELECTRIC POULTRY FENCING FAQS
- How does electric poultry fencing work?
Electric poultry fencing works by teaching any predators to associate the fencing perimeter with an unpleasant, non-fatal shock. The fence is powered by a solar powered energiser that provides regular pulses of electricity through your fence. When a predator comes into contact with your fence it will receive an unpleasant non-fatal electric shock, deterring it from trying to gain entry again.
- Will it hurt my chickens?
Your chickens will only have to come into contact with the fence once to learn that it’s not in their best interest to do so. Chickens are clever creatures and adapt to their provided foraging space very well.
- Will it hurt my pets?
As with predators – a shock from the electric chicken fence should deter your pet dog or cat from trying to get through. If you have an overly curious dog or cat we do suggest restricting their access to the fence netting (whether electrified or not) as they can become tangled in it.
- Will it hurt my children?
A shock from the fencing is not fatal and is more of a surprise than painful. We suggest making sure your children are aware of what the fencing does so they know (in theory only) that touching it will not be pleasant. As with pets – we also suggest restricting their access to the fence netting (whether electrified or not) as they can become tangled in it.
- Is it portable?
Yes – the fencing is completely portable and can be moved to wherever you need it in your garden or if you relocate.
- Will it work if it is overcast?
Fully charged, the Solar energiser will last up to 5 days without sunlight.
- Will it work if it is raining?
Yes, Rain will not affect the energiser if fitted and hung correctly. Hanging units upside down may cause them to fill with water in heavy rain, always hang the energiser upright.
- Will it be affected by a storm or lightning?
Heavy rain and wind should not affect the energiser, however if the fence or nearby ground is struck by lightning, it will more than likely destroy the energiser, we recommend fitting a lightning diverter if you’re in lightning prone regions or bring the unit if you have a local area storm warning.
- Will long grass or shrubs touching the fencing make it stop working?
Yes they can, If grass,shrubs or branches touch the fence it can cause a short and send the energiser into overload. Once cleared, the unit should function correctly again.
What you need to know
Protect your girls from chicken coop predators
Keeping your chicken coop safe from prowling predators is a top concern for all chicken keepers. Whether you live in an urban, suburban or rural area, predators like foxes and snakes pose a threat to your chicken coop, day and night. But don’t fret, caring keepers! There are many ways to prevent these fiendish foes from attacking your fabulous flock.
Download your FREE eBook – The Ultimate Guide to Chicken Coop Predator Prevention
Our Chicken Help Guarantee
Need a friend who is a chicken genius? At Backyard Chicken Coops we wrangle poultry matters with both hands. Do you have a girl who has gone a little gloomy? Are the foundations of the pecking order beginning to crumble? Or do you simply need to know the difference between chicken crumble and pellets? Don’t let your burning chicken questions char on one side. Turn to us and we will be there to have a cluck about the best chook solutions for you. It's our after-sales guarantee to you.
Nothing is too good for your girls! Treat your chickens right with these Optional Extras, specifically designed to suit our coops!
Chook Feed Drum
60L heavy duty plastic drum with secure screw-on lid Keep your chicken feed dry, fresh and safe from pesky pests! Great for storing feed, hemp bedding or chicken treats! Secure screw-on lid and moisture seal insert Also sold as…
Auto Door Opener
Our battery operated Automatic Door Opener gives you the ability to set the open and close times you want! With a 2 year warranty, our door will save you from getting out of bed at 6am on a Saturday to let your hens out; or more importantly if you are away, peace of mind that your hens will always be safe and happy. It’s not until you have one that you wonder how you ever managed without it!…
Chicken Starter Kit
This is the perfect kit if you are first time chicken owners. We have scoured everything at wholesale prices, making it extremely cost effective for you compared to buying everything individually. It includes a 60L heavy duty air tight plastic drum, premium lay mash, auto feeder, auto drinker, shell grit, cracked corn, scoops, straw and a book on How to Keep Pet Chickens which is great for kids…
Free-range Chicken Feeder
Stop feeding birds and pests! Feed only your chooks with our automatic treadle chicken feeder. Save money: Reduce food wastage by up to 75%. Keeps food dry Prevent Pests: Save valuable feed from rats, mice and birds Convenient: Holds…
Available in 24m and 48m Lengths Also available in Electric Fencing Height 150 cm Includes: 12 x sturdy poles with steel spikes – easy install! Includes: 32 x pegs to secure it down to the ground Includes: 1…
Poultry Electric Fencing
Free range time is important for keeping happy and healthy hens, but the threat of predators stops some chook keepers from letting their girls get out and about. Our electric poultry fencing is the perfect solution. This kit includes everything…
Did you know?
- Free-range hens lay eggs with; 2 times the omega 3’s
- 4-6 times more vitamin D
- 3 times the vitamin E
- 7 times more beta carotene 2/3 more vitamin A
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat PLUS they’re guaranteed to taste better!.