Hemp Nesting Box Bedding Material – 12L
Hemp bedding is an organic, highly absorbent alternative to inferior animal bedding options that can be harmful to your animals and damaging to the environment. It has a neutral odour and is also a natural pesticide, which will help deter mites, cockroaches and other creepy critters from your coop. This highly absorbent animal bedding is perfect for any chicken or animal lover who wants to keep their coop fresh and clean, without having to change the bedding every second day.
- 12L (approx 37cm x 13cm x 8cm) $20 + delivery
- 140L $99 + delivery
Comes vacuum packed. Excellent value!
Other larger sizes available, call to discuss for a quote.
- Chickens will feel calm, clean and relaxed if their coop is lined with the superior cushion support of hemp bedding – they might even spend more time in the nesting boxes and lay you a few extra eggs!
- Hemp bedding only needs to be replaced less regularly compared to other varieties of bedding due to its extremely high absorbency rate
- Your chickens will breathe easily as hemp bedding produce less dust compared to other beddings like straw and wood shavings
- Will keep your coop smelling fresh due to its neutral and natural odour, especially if you add a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Hemp is a natural pesticide that will help prevent pests, like mites, flies and other creepy crawlies.
- Save money and the environment by using this using less of this superior quality bedding
- This organically grown product doesn’t rely upon nasty artificial chemicals to grow
- Has twice the absorbency of wood shavings
- Save time cleaning your coop on the weekend due to hemp bedding high absorbency, which needs to be replaced almost three times less than straw
- Can be quickly absorbed into your compost once it has been removed from the coop
- Hemp bedding is available is small sample sized packs, perfect for anyone who isn’t sure if they want to change over straight away
What is hemp bedding made from?
Hemp bedding is made from the stalk or “hurd” of the cannabis plant, which is mulched down into a kind of straw like texture that is soft, absorbent and natural.
What is hemp?
Hemp is an extremely versatile plant that has been used since ancient times for a variety of reasons- from textiles, to insulation, to rope, just to name a few. It’s a durable plant with a natural inbuilt pesticide that makes it especially easy to grow without relying upon artificial insect repellents or synthetic fertilisers.
Our Chicken Help Guarantee
Need a friend who is a chicken genius? At Backyard Chicken Coops we wrangle poultry matters with both hands. Do you have a girl who has gone a little gloomy? Are the foundations of the pecking order beginning to crumble? Or do you simply need to know the difference between chicken crumble and pellets? Don’t let your burning chicken questions char on one side. Turn to us and we will be there to have a cluck about the best chook solutions for you. It's our after-sales guarantee to you.
Nothing is too good for your girls! Treat your chickens right with these Optional Extras, specifically designed to suit our coops!
The Essentials Pack
SAVE over $200 on all your essentials! From new chicken keepers to hen eggs-perts, it’s easy to keep your chicken flock happy and healthy with our chicken coop accessories essentials pack. Included in the essentials pack: Free Range Treadle Feeder – to…
Chook Feed Drum
60L heavy duty plastic drum with secure screw-on lid Keep your chicken feed dry, fresh and safe from pesky pests! Great for storing feed, hemp bedding or chicken treats! Secure screw-on lid and moisture seal insert Also sold as…
Hemp Nesting Box Bedding – 140L / 14kg
Hemp bedding is an organic, highly absorbent alternative to inferior animal bedding options that can be harmful to your animals and damaging to the environment. It has a neutral odour and is also a natural pesticide, which will…
Free-range Chicken Feeder
Stop feeding birds and pests! Feed only your chooks with our automatic treadle chicken feeder. Save money: Reduce food wastage by up to 75%. Keeps food dry Prevent Pests: Save valuable feed from rats, mice and birds Convenient: Holds…
Poultry Electric Fencing
Free range time is important for keeping happy and healthy hens, but the threat of predators stops some chook keepers from letting their girls get out and about. Our electric poultry fencing is the perfect solution. This kit includes everything…
Solar Electric Fence Energiser
Available by itself or in one of our Electric Fencing Kits, the Dakenag SBT2 Solar Energiser is the rugged, reliable and portable way to provide power to your fencing. There’s no need to lug around heavy storage batteries…
Free Range Pack
There are so many advantages to keeping free range chickens. From their claws to their eggs, everything seems to be better when the chickens are free to forage the wilds of your backyard. The Free Range Pack has all you need…
Hungry Hens Bundle
50% OFF! Limited stock – order now! Reduce food wastage with the Hungry Hens Bundle! Includes: 60L chook feed drum to securely store your chicken feed and keep it fresh Free range treadle feeder to reduce chicken feed wastage…
Fresh Bedding Bundle
Keep your chickens’ fluffy bottoms high and dry with our Fresh Bedding Bundle! Bundle includes: 140L of organic, super absorbent Hemp Bedding for your nesting boxes and chicken run. Large Storage Drum to securely store your bedding until…
Predator Protection Pack
Alongside making sure your chicken flock has plenty of food, fresh water and a comfy place to nest and sleep, keeping your chooks safe from coop predators is an important consideration for every chook lady or lad. Our…
Coop Clean Bundle
Get that coop so fresh and so clean with your Coop Clean Bundle! Bundle includes: 140L of organic, super absorbent Hemp Bedding for freshening up your nesting boxes and chicken run. 2L of Apple Cider Vinegar – great for your flock’s…
Custom Coop Signs
Do you have a Fluffy Butt Hut? An Egg Manor? Perhaps your royal rooster needs a sign for his Poultry Palace? Personalise your coop, enclosure, shed, dog house, or any element of your outdoor space you cherish! Our custom timber signs are…
Pestene Insect Powder
Are your chickens looking a little itchy? Mites and lice are annoying, pesky problems to have with your backyard flock, and must be treated quickly as it can spread to all the other feathered friends. Our Pestene Insect Powder…
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a wildly popular poultry product used by Chicken Ladies and Lads to fight mites, lice and worms, as well as boosting their overall wellbeing. Our range of Apple Cider Vinegar is unpasteurised which means…
Diatomaceous Earth (pronounced: di-a-tom-aye-shus) is a eggstraordinary poultry product that many chicken lovers are buying by the truckload! In an eggshell, food grade Diatomaceous Earth is finely ground and processed fossilized algae, otherwise known as diatoms, which essentially…
Did you know?
- Free-range hens lay eggs with; 2 times the omega 3’s
- 4-6 times more vitamin D
- 3 times the vitamin E
- 7 times more beta carotene 2/3 more vitamin A
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat PLUS they’re guaranteed to taste better!.