- 0% Deposit Finance Available
- Lowest Price Shipping
- Australian Owned & Operated
- 12 Months Warranty
- PayPal Accepted
- Flexible Lay-by
0% Deposit Finance Available: We offer 6 months interest free finance with zipMoney. Buy now, pay later.
Lowest Price Shipping: We use a network of delivery agents to ensure we can give you the best shipping rates all across Australia.
Australian Owned & Operated: Our business is 100% Australian owned and operated so you can have full confidence in our business practices.
12 Months Warranty: We offer you a full 12 month warranty. Plus, if you move house and loose a piece, we can supply you a new one (some small costs may apply). We're one of the very few businesses that do this.
PayPal Accepted: Pay via PayPal for Fast, Secure & Safe transactions. Pay with any credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.
Lay-by & 0% Finance Available: Lay-by requires only a 20% deposit and the remaining amount is paid off over a time frame to suit you. If you would prefer to take your coop home now, we also offer interest free finance!
Hemp Nesting Box Bedding – 140L / 14kg
Hemp bedding is an organic, highly absorbent alternative to inferior animal bedding options that can be harmful to your animals and damaging to the environment. It has a neutral odour and is also a natural pesticide, which will help deter mites, cockroaches and other creepy critters from your coop. This highly absorbent animal bedding is perfect for any chicken or animal lover who wants to keep their coop fresh and clean, without having to change the bedding every second day.
HOLY HEN! Huge Savings On Organic Hemp Bedding!
- 1 x 140 L of Hemp Bedding for $64 – save $35!
- 2 x 140 L of Hemp Bedding for $120 – save $78!
- 3 x 140 L of Hemp Bedding for $168 – save $129!
Comes vacuum packed. Excellent value!
- 3 Chickens = approx 6 months
- 6 Chickens = approx 4 months
- 8 Chickens = approx 3 months
- Chickens will feel calm, clean and relaxed if their coop is lined with the superior cushion support of hemp bedding – they might even spend more time in the nesting boxes and lay you a few extra eggs!
- Hemp bedding only needs to be replaced less regularly compared to other varieties of bedding due to its extremely high absorbency rate
- Your chickens will breathe easily as hemp bedding produce less dust compared to other beddings like straw and wood shavings
- Will keep your coop smelling fresh due to its neutral and natural odour, especially if you add a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Hemp is a natural pesticide that will help prevent pests, like mites, flies and other creepy crawlies.
- Save money and the environment by using this using less of this superior quality bedding
- This organically grown product doesn’t rely upon nasty artificial chemicals to grow
- Has twice the absorbency of wood shavings
- Save time cleaning your coop on the weekend due to hemp bedding high absorbency, which needs to be replaced almost three times less than straw
- Can be quickly absorbed into your compost once it has been removed from the coop
- Hemp bedding is available is small sample sized packs, perfect for anyone who isn’t sure if they want to change over straight away
What is hemp bedding made from?
Hemp bedding is made from the stalk or “hurd” of the cannabis plant, which is mulched down into a kind of straw-like texture that is soft, absorbent and natural.
What is hemp?
Hemp is an extremely versatile plant that has been used since ancient times for a variety of reasons- from textiles, to insulation, to rope, just to name a few. It’s a durable plant with a natural inbuilt pesticide that makes it especially easy to grow without relying upon artificial insect repellents or synthetic fertilisers.
Our Chicken Help Guarantee
Need a friend who is a chicken genius? At Backyard Chicken Coops we wrangle poultry matters with both hands. Do you have a girl who has gone a little gloomy? Are the foundations of the pecking order beginning to crumble? Or do you simply need to know the difference between chicken crumble and pellets? Don’t let your burning chicken questions char on one side. Turn to us and we will be there to have a cluck about the best chook solutions for you. It's our after-sales guarantee to you.
Nothing is too good for your girls! Treat your chickens right with these Optional Extras, specifically designed to suit our coops!
Fresh Bedding Bundle
Keep your chickens’ fluffy bottoms high and dry with our Fresh Bedding Bundle! Bundle includes: 140L of organic, super absorbent Hemp Bedding for your nesting boxes and chicken run. Large Storage Drum to securely store your bedding until…
Free-range Chicken Feeder
Introductory rate only – order now before they go back to $199. Stop feeding birds and pests! Feed only your chooks with our treadle chicken feeder. Save money: Reduce food wastage by up to 75%. Keeps food dry…
Hemp Nesting Box Bedding – 140L / 14kg
Hemp bedding is an organic, highly absorbent alternative to inferior animal bedding options that can be harmful to your animals and damaging to the environment. It has a neutral odour and is also a natural pesticide, which will…
Chook Feed Drum
60L heavy duty plastic drum with secure screw-on lid Keep your chicken feed dry, fresh and safe from pesky pests! Great for storing feed, hemp bedding or chicken treats! Secure screw-on lid and moisture seal insert Also sold as…
The Chook Lovers Pack
There are so many advantages to keeping free range chickens. From their claws to their eggs, everything seems to be better when the chickens are free to forage the wilds of your backyard. The Chook Lovers Pack has all you need…
Custom Coop Signs
Do you have a Fluffy Butt Hut? An Egg Manor? Perhaps your royal rooster needs a sign for his Poultry Palace? Personalise your coop, enclosure, shed, dog house, or any element of your outdoor space you cherish! Our custom timber signs are…
Got a chook lover in your life? Get them the gift of choice with a Backyard Chicken Coops Gift Card! Choose from: $20 $50 $75 $100 $150 $200 Make a chicken keeper’s day! Terms and conditions: By purchasing,…
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a wildly popular poultry product used by Chicken Ladies and Lads to fight mites, lice and worms, as well as boosting their overall wellbeing. Our range of Apple Cider Vinegar is unpasteurised which means…
Pestene Insect Powder
Are your chickens looking a little itchy? Mites and lice are annoying, pesky problems to have with your backyard flock, and must be treated quickly as it can spread to all the other feathered friends. Our Pestene Insect Powder…
Diatomaceous Earth (pronounced: di-a-tom-aye-shus) is a eggstraordinary poultry product that many chicken lovers are buying by the truckload! In an eggshell, food grade Diatomaceous Earth is finely ground and processed fossilized algae, otherwise known as diatoms, which essentially…
Once you make a purchase, we will also email you an eBook on everything you need to know about keeping happy, healthy chickens – no need to be stressed! Also, check out our Learning Centre for everything poultry related, and if you can’t find it, feel free to contact us – we can answer all of your questions.
Did you know?
- Free-range hens lay eggs with; 2 times the omega 3’s
- 4-6 times more vitamin D
- 3 times the vitamin E
- 7 times more beta carotene 2/3 more vitamin A
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat PLUS they’re guaranteed to taste better!.