Top Tips for Boiling & Preparation:
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda during the boiling process - This raises the pH and reduces adherence of the egg to the shell.
- Make sure there is two inches of water above the eggs when boiling.
- If you notice a tiny crack in one of your eggs - Take it out or it will crack open and spread strings of egg all through your water.
- Cool your eggs as fast as possible straight after boiling - Take your eggs out of the boiling water and put them in a pre-refrigerated bowl of water and add ice immediately. This process will shrink the egg slightly and create a gap between the egg and the shell.
- Allow the eggs to cool in the fridge for at least a few minutes before attempting to peel.